How to use a Cheese Slicer
Cheese is a very special ingredient of most delicious food. When you put a little layer of your favorite cheese on the dishes you want to make, it makes the item delicious.
You can’t avoid cheese especially for burgers, sandwich, crackers and other bakery product. Cheese surely takes them to the next level.
If you love cheese you must be familiar with Cheese Slicer and you should know how to use it.
What is a cheese slicer:
Cheese slicer is such a tool which is meant to be for cutting of cheese. It is used to cut in various styles and forms of cheese efficiently into chunk. This mostly come with a plane or a wire like surface which slices through cheese.
Instead of using knife, cheese slicer helps you to cut easily through the cheese. This helps to keep your finger away from the way of clutter that can cut your finger.
So let’s talk about how to use it.
Basic steps of using cheese slicer:
When people purchase cheese slicer for the first time, they usually don’t know how to use this. It looks like so naive that using it for the first time is little bit confusing.
There are different kinds of cheese slicer on which your slicing depends.
1. Cheese Wire Slicer:
The wire cheese slicers are basically perfect for blocks of cheese. It can smoothly cut through medium and hard cheese.
2. Cheese Plane Slicer:
The stainless steel cheese slicer are mainly used for thickly sliced cheese. But you can also cut thinly with this because of its sharp angled blade. Its flexible sharp head helps you to slice at any angle.
(image source: TigerChef)
Repairing a Cheese Slicer on your OWN!!!!
You can easily repair your cheese slicer on your own.
If you have wire cheese slicer, the wire may become weak or break which needs replacement. You will find the cheese wire in any kitchen tool shops but if you don’t find it nothing to worry about it. You can use guitar string instead of it.
At first measure the distance between the arms of the slicer and then replace the wire easily.
And if you have other cheese slicer which has blade, may lose its sharpness. You can easily change the blade to make it new again.
The way of using those slicer is pretty much alike. So here are the steps that you have to go through for cutting through the cheese easily.
- Well at first bring out the cheese from the packet in but remember never open the cheese completely from the bag to keep it safe from the dust and other substance of the kitchen. Sometimes you will find it wrapped with double plastic bag, if it makes u trouble just tear the bag and bring out the cheese.
- Take a cutting board and keep the cheese on it.
- Now it’s time to use the slicer. If you are a right hander then hold the cheese on the left and slicer on the right hand. But if you are left handed then hold the cheese on the right hand and the slicer on the left hand.
- If your cheese slicer has the feature of adjust then adjust how thick or how thin you want to slice your cheese. If you want to serve cheese with luncheon meats and soft drinks then obviously you are recommended to use thin slices. But if you want to use the cheese for hamburger, then make it thick.
- The placement of the cheese slicer will be in such a way that it is facing towards the cheese. Some of the cheese slicer has a cutting side and a stingless side. The stingless side should be facing at you because the sharp portion can cut the cheese.
- Good cheese slicer will glissade through the cheese smoothly. You don’t have to give much effort to make your cheese to be sliced perfectly.
- Now plate your cheese or put it in sandwich and enjoy.
- Always clean up the cheese slicer after use.
So these are the basic steps of using cheese slicer. It will help to cut through your cheese easily and helps you to make your dishes more delicious. For cheese lovers this is a perfect accessory for making their favorite dishes using cheese.
So don’t anticipate to buy a real good cheese slicer and know well how to use it and enjoy your everyday dishes.
If you are a kitchen lover then you must wanna know about the Kitchen tools which are really important for our kitchen. To know about them you may wanna read this Article.
Bonnie Zepeda is an food and kitchen specialist. She likes to like to write on various kinds of foods, kitchen items, kitchen tips etc besides working as a Culinary Specialist.