Most toaster ovens are usually used just for browning some slices of bread, making melba toasts, or reheating ovens in case one does not own a microwave oven!
But now there are some brands new convection toaster ovens that are way better and more versatile that the older and less sophisticated models! What makes these new models so cool, is that they also use convection!
Counter-top convection oven works by using specially designed fans in order to circulate the hot air inside the oven!
This in turn, causes the rate of heat exchange between the air and the food to rapidly increase, which means that cooking times will be significantly faster, which save you a lot of money in the long run!
The convection process also ensures that your food will be cooked evenly and that it will be delicious once it’s ready!
Furthermore, most convection ovens feature simpler and more user-friendly controls than their conventional counterparts!
Many models are equipped with state-of-the-art digital temperature controls and timers! But even the models with old fashioned mechanical controls are easier to use that most old toaster ovens!
You can also fit a lot of food in them. Although you won’t be able to roast a turkey using a convection toaster oven, you will be able to fit pretty much any other food in it, including 12-inch pizzas!
Some can even fit up to 6 or 9 slices of bread in order to provide you with the most delicious toasts you’ll have ever tasted!
Many convection oven models also feature a Rotisserie, allowing you to roast a chicken, two Cornish hens, or even a tied roast to absolute perfection! You can also broil steaks or lamb chops using the top element of your convection toaster oven! Convection ovens are also smaller and much cheaper than conventional ovens!
However, they are a bit bigger than most toaster ovens which means that you may need some extra space on your counter in order to accommodate them. You can get some models for less than $100 however the really good models should set you back around $170-250!
I know what you’re wondering right now: “do I really need a convection toaster oven if I already have both a toaster oven as well as a conventional”?
Well, the honest answer is that if you toast a couple slices of bread occasionally, then you should just stick with your toaster oven, however if you want to toast more slices more often or if you’d like a more versatile appliance that combines many different functions, then you should definitely buy a convection toaster oven!
Many people prefer convection toaster ovens because they are much faster than regular toaster ovens and they can help you save a lot of money!
They can heat up and cook really fast, making them great for snacks! But that’s not all they’re good for, you can use them to bake casseroles or lasagna, roast many different meats, and even bake delicious pies, cakes, muffins, cupcakes, croissants, and biscuits!
Benefits of Using a Convection Oven
Now that you have a better understanding of what is convection oven, here are the advantages of using it over standard ovens:
• Shorter cooking times – Residential units can cook meals up to 30% more quickly than traditional ovens. Commercial units can cook meals up to 50% more quickly! Imagine being able to prepare Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner up to three times faster!
• Evenly cooked meals – Traditional ovens only have one heat source, and that source is either on the sides, bottom, or top part of the oven. This results in the food being cooked unevenly. Convectional ovens are engineered to distribute heat evenly through all parts of the food.
• Better taste – You won’t have to worry about under cooking OR overcooking your meals. The food retains its natural flavor and doesn’t dry out. There’s a reason that pizzerias have been using these ovens for years: the food always turns out great!
• Lower temperatures – Since the food will cook just fine on low temperatures, the risks of fire is reduced significantly. Kitchen safety is overall increased. In standard ovens, it takes higher temperatures to overpower the cold air that surrounds the food. In a convection oven, the circulating hot air breaks up the cold air all around the food. Less energy is used as well, making it an eco-friendly appliance.
• Internal moisture retained – There is no drying out of food with a convection oven. Bread, pies, and thick pieces of meat, cookies: all of these foods retain their interior moisture. This is a challenging feat to pull off in a standard oven, but not with a convectional one!
• Cooking more at once – Think about it: cooking three sheets of cookies in a standard oven is a bad idea since the heat isn’t distributed evenly. Some of the cookies will be overcooked and some will be under-cooked. This isn’t a problem with a convection oven. Not only can you cook food in a shorter amount of time, you can cook more of it!
• Self-cleaning – Some units come with self-cleaning features. They can be set to heat up to 900 F for a few hours. During this time, the extreme heat burns off spills and turns crumbs into ash. All you have to do is wipe everything away with a wet sponge.